Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Weekend of Family and Very Close Friends.

Well, my weekend began just like most others. I got out of class at 3, and hopped in the shower to get ready for the big hometown high school football game. I packed all my personals and clothes, and was about to walk out of my room when i got a phone call from my dad. He said that he had just rushed my mom to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. I was mortified! Nothing this extreme has ever happened to her before.
A little background: My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when i was a junior in high school, and has continued to struggle with this horrible disease ever since. The cancer has spread all over her body, the most recent being in her brain. Apparently she has some in her lungs as well, which was making her breathing a sudden struggle.
My dad said that she was as good as she could be, and to go to the game to be there for my brother (he is the mascot), and then I could come up to the hospital afterwards. I agreed, and headed on my way. When i arrived in Gwood, I went to a really good friends house to eat dinner with her and her family. I haven't seen her in soo long, so this was really refreshing. After dinner, we headed to the game were the bulldogs dominated yet again. Proceeding the game, the 2 of us plus KT made our way up to the hospital to see my mom. It was really sad to see her in the state that she was in. She was hooked up to an IV and Oxygen. They had to give her a blood transfusion that lasted 5 hours. We stayed till 11:30, and then headed back home.
The next day I woke up to my new phone going off as my dad was calling me to tell me to get up. I got up and began washing all my dirty laundry from school. Around 2 my task was finally complete and I made my way back up to the hospital. She was doing a little better when I arrived, and greeted me with a smile. She had many many visitors throughout the day, some of which being her family. Some of my really good friends came to see her also. My mom loved seeing them. (BR, KT, AS, DF, SH, AS) I love them all so much for caring.
That night my best friend Blake asked me to stay with him, so I left the hospital around 9 and headed to his house. Blake, still wearing his cotillion clothes, opened the door and greeted me with a hug. We had some awesome talks, just like we use to. We were able to fill each other in on our lives, and the things we are struggling with. Chilaxin with him was a great way to escape from the storms tearing up my life at the moment. He has always been there for me, and I am confident he always will be. We woke up this morning and went to church, which is always refreshing. I got to sit right next to another one of my very good friends. (HC)
After church I headed back up to the hospital to spend a little more time with my mom before I left for school. I stayed for a few hours, and then was on my way back to the life that I now live an hour and thirty minutes away. And so here I sit in my dorm room venting to the world about my hectic, yet worthwhile weekend.
I would not change my family or friends for anyone in this entire world. They mean so much to me.
Even though Satan tries to destroy my life with the sickness of my mom, I know that God will prevail. I don't fully understand why this is happening to her or my family, but I know that God has a reason for everything. He sees the big picture that our small human minds cannot even begin to comprehend.
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident." Psalm 27: 1, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment